Sunday 4 September 2011

Bohemian Collection

August 30, 2011. I was waiting for this opportunity to showcase what I can offer in the field of hair styling, wardrobe styling and applying make up. A friend of mine who also happens to be one of the renowned photographer in our city invited me to have a fun photoshoot. At first I hesitated because I don't know if I can reach their expectations. But my will to gain experience convinced me to accept his offer, and I also want to know if I got what it takes, so I agreed to his proposal, he asked me to organize this photoshoot both the location and the theme. I thoroughly conceptualize what theme I am going to apply, and I came up with bohemian style. The reason why I choose to have this theme is because summer is ending and fall takes over. Bohemian can be worn in two ways either you use summer or fall style with a sweet touch of vintage and paired with rough ragged accessories and comes up with a neoteric bohemian or modern bohemian.



Photographers: Ernest Castro and Griffith Boniel
(In order of the picture's appearance)
Model: Paula Hernandez
Stylist/Hair & Make Up Artist: Althea Dee
Theme: Bohemian
Location: Hills Borough
  • Make Up:
Goal: I want to give Paula a natural and fresh look
Face: Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral Foundation (Natural), Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Foundation (to set the liquid foundation) and Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder (to give a brighter complexion)
Eyes: In2It waterproff eye color (ES 02 Cookie)
Eyebrows: Light Brown eyeshadow from my friend's pallete
Lips: Loreal Colour Riche Naturals Lipstick (Nude)
Checks: I didn't use any type of blush at all
Mascara: Shawill lengthening and waterproff mascara
False lashes: YES, I put false lashes on (brown)
  • Accessories:
Necklace: Vintage Peacock Eye Necklace
Earings: Axia Blue Green Butterfly Earnings
Bracelet: Wooden Dark Blue, Red and Green + Vintage thin bracelet
Headdress: Wooden Blue Necklace (any wooden or vintage necklace will do)
Flower: DIY flower Broach (comment below if you wanna know how to make one)
Ring: Accessorize Butterfly Facet Nugget Ring
(for a clear view click here)
  • Dress
You can use any maxi summer dress you have. If it's plain put a flower plated belt 1 shade similar to your dress. If the dress is flower printed, accessorized with colors that is associated with your dress 2 shade darker to emphasize your accessories. If you use stripes, put a braided belt similar to any of this


and do a through the belt loop to set it up. By the way the dress I use here is a maxi summer blue floral print  dress I borrowed from my friend Ate Sheryll. Thanks ate she for lending me your dress. 
  • Shoes
The shoes used by the model is hers. She bought it in people are people. According to her the shoes is 7 inches tall, this helps Paula to boost her height. Any shoes with 5-7 inches will do with a nutty and neutral look to soften the maxi dress, If your dress is dark you need to use a light and neutral shoe, dark and vintage for light maxi dress.



Photographers: Griffith Boniel
Model: Nessie Bermudo
Stylist/Hair & Make Up Artist: Althea Dee
Theme: Bohemian
Location: Hills Borough
  • Make Up:
Goal: I want to give Nessie a neutral look to enhance her natural beauty
Face: Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral Foundation (Natural), Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Foundation (to set the liquid foundation) and Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder (to give a brighter complexion)
Eyes: In2It waterproff eye color (ES 02 Cookie) + brown eyeliner
Eyebrows: Nichido eye pencil black + silver eyeshadow in the brow bone
Lips: Loreal Colour Riche Naturals Lipstick (Nude)
Checks: Pinkish Blush (I use IQQU red kabuki brush to apply it evenly on her checks)
Mascara: Shawill lengthening and waterproff mascara
False lashes: YES, I put false lashes on (black)
  • Accessories:
Necklace: Vintage Cameo Necklace
(something that looks like this)
Earings: Loaled Diamond shaped
(something that looks like this, but this is just a guide)
Bracelet: 2 Wooden Thin Dark Red + Golden bracelet
Headdress: DIY Golden Headband
Belt: Brown Braided Belt (Through the loop)
  • Dress
Top: Floral Pink Summer Top. This is Nessie's dress which she happens to bring on our photoshoot.
Shorts: Denim with a nude color pocket. The shorts Nessie used owned by Paula who also happens to bring it on the day of our photoshoot.
To match the top Nessie have I paired it with denim shorts to give an edgy look and to balance the floral dress and to incorporate with her shoes and make up.
  • Shoes
(This is just a sample picture I got from google images)

Flats is a must. Here Nessie is wearing her Summer Flats, any flats with a nude color or neutral approach will to spice up the bohemian look, flats works great with shorts. You don't need to buy the same shoes I've shown you, this is just a guide so you will have an idea what type of flats is ideal for this outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
free counters